Sunday, June 22, 2008

New Eargasms: Stefanie Heinzmann, The Ting Tings

Here ye Hear ye!

Introducing:

Stefanie Heinzmann. The other day a friend of mine at work introduced me to her via a YouTube video called, "My Man Is A Mean Man".


He's a...mean man! But he's...my man!

Take a dose of Joss Stone mixed with some Pink voice and Natasha Bedingfield and voila you have Stefanie Heinzmann. I can definitely see this song becoming a hit of the summer. My personal favorite of hers right now, however, is "Like A Bullet"


Just makes you move on your own! But yooooouuuuu are the only one who ever got me! Very catchy! I'll probably be singing that tune to myself for a little while...without even knowing the words.

ON to the next.

A couple of weeks ago I stayed in on a Friday night and watched Pete Wentz's new show on MTV called FNMTV. It's basically a show that plays all new music videos (strangely a rarity on MTV anytime OTHER than between 4-8am) and debuts some new ones. The one they chose to debut in this episode was a video by a group called The Ting Tings and their song "Shut Up and Let Me Go"



Not only is the song awesome but the VIDEO is actually great too! Makes me not cry over the days of music videos that used to have stories to them. Sigh..those were good days.

If you happen to watch as much TV as I do, or not............you may already know this song. It's one of the latest lucky ones to have their shit debuted on an iTunes commercial. As much as I hate finding songs and liking them in iTunes commercials and MTV spots...I found MIKA that way... but this is actually pretty good.

Another favorite of theirs that currently has tangled my heart strings is "Traffic Light"



AMAZING!!!! Simply Put! It's so simple and easy. A collection of random sounds mixed together make something so beautiful. I love as the music drops out and you hear scratching of what sounds like a record and the lone electric happenings.

So take a gander, take a listen...and spread the good word.

No comments: