Thursday, June 19, 2008

I Wonder About You.

Dear Girl in the apartment upstairs from me,

I wonder about you. What is it about you and your daily activities that cause you to consistently mimic the sound of dragging chairs across a hard wood floor wearing high heels all the while bouncing a basketball? What is it? I'm curious? I don't know who you are, nor do I know your name. I just know your presence. I may have seen you come in and out of the building 2 or 3 times, but I'm not positive if it's you or not. Right now you're running a vacuum cleaner. I say that's alright. But it is NOT alright for you to drag 13 chairs across your apartment at 11:30 at night when I'm trying to wind down for the night before an early day of work the next day. And it also is not alright for you to REdrag said chairs BACK across to the other side at 5:30am before it's time for me to wake up. Sleep is precious to me. Apparently not to you, as you are continuing to make noise well beyond the time I go to bed and surprisingly way before I wake up. Do you sleep, Girl in the apartment upstairs from me? Do you sleep? I'm curious to see what your apartment looks like on a day to day basis as it sounds like you never stop re arranging. Is it feng shui? I'm not familiar. Have you reached a level of transcendence in your life unreachable to those with standard practices by doing this? Teach me, Girl in the apartment upstairs. Teach me. I think I'll wrap this up before I convince myself to run up there right now in a blind range to "take care of things".

Ah, there you go again. With the chairs.

Best(?),
Jacqueline.

No comments: