Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Whoa This Kid Is Flyin With The Birds!

I present to you, “David After the Dentist”




Watched this last night and couldn’t help but think back on the time when I got 4 wisdom teeth taken out when I was 17 years old.

Best. Experience. Ever.

Seriously! Maybe me being admitted into a hospital for the procedure (I have asthma, and they wanted to take extra precautions with anesthesia) made me the poster child for the whole experience? I would do it all over again.

What I remember is going into the operating room, and the doctors commenting on how much I was smiling. “Not for long” I said. “Awwwwww”.

Then they put the gas mask over my face and told me to count backwards.

99… 98.. 9- ZONKED.

[What felt like 15 minutes] LATER I woke up in the “recovery” room to a nurse saying, alright that’s it!

“That was quick…” I said…to which she replied something along the lines of, “Yeeeaahh” whilst probably thinking something along the lines of “This bitch is high”

For the next few minutes or hours, I have no idea, I raised my hand to get someone to get me a milkshake. I never got one. Finally when I saw my parents I could do nothing but tell my dad how I got a B+ on my calculus test and my mother how much I loved her.

She told me my hair was messed up and I screamed/slurred “I KNOW CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!!!!”

When it was time to go home , my parents parked me in a wheel chair in the hallway to wait for them where I sat eyes glazed and staring holding up a towel to my mouth to catch the drool. I had worked part time at the hospital on the same floor and remembered some of the women and waved to them. To this day I’m pretty sure they didn’t remember me and just left it as another crazed person left to themselves in a hospital hallway.

Then eventually we went home. AFTER of course the nurse helped me into my parents car and I gave her a hug for it. Once home I complained that I couldn’t go out to hang out with my friends. I’m a jerk sometimes.

As for recovery, I was fine. In fact I ended up popping stitches in my mouth because I wanted to eat real food so badly. The worst part was not being able to eat what I wanted. So, what was the meal you ask?

Wendy’s French Fries.

No comments: