Sunday, February 15, 2009

This Was To Originally Go To Twitter, But It's More Than 140 Characters.

Are you on Twitter? Do you write your updates like you're writing a Facebook status update? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!?!?

I have the strangest things on my pet peeve list: Hearing people swallow liquid. People who drag their feet. Having to repeat myself.

Well now I can add on to that list with: People who write their Twitter updates like they're writing a Facebook status update. Example?

@RandomTwit: is driving into a tree.

Not so bad in that situation I suppose. But when I go to the person's page and it is completely filled with tweets that all start with "is", well, IT'S STUPID.

is waiting for dinner
is looking at the circus from the window
is going to a bicycle parade later

Fix this. Please. Tweet like you're telling someone a story, it works better that way. It's easier to read that way. And people can respond to you that way. If you're stuck on the "is" aspect, then send that shit to Facebook! You're not writing in past tense on Twitter! We want to know what you're doing NOW! And I want you to tell it to me in a way that makes sense! Go!

Now, speaking on the Facebook "is", I will talk about the Facebook "is" and why people choose to ignore it. Example?

Random Facebooker is HOLY CRAP I JUST SAW A PENNY-LESS PANDA!

Random Facebooker is Danced her fucking face off last night

Honestly, I could go on and on with examples. What, with my endless buzz induced imagination as well as real life ones that I could pick from on my friends list. But I will spare you all. I think you've got the point. And with that, please change the way you're using these social platforms to please me because we all know, thats why you use them in the first place isn't it?

No comments: