Saturday, February 7, 2009

Who Are John Legend And Amy Winehouse Working With?

just now with my itunes playlist on random, Amy Winehouse's "He Can Hold Her" came on.



something about it sounded familiar... the first few notes, the beat, the familiar wailing in the background...

then it hit me.

John Legend's "Slow Dance"



take a listen for yourself!

upon further research, the blog Track Nine: Musical Interpretations had a post (a year old, cough) detailing that both songs were based on The Icemen's 1966 single "My Girl, She's a Fox".



it seems John Legend took a more original approach to recording his version by keeping the same feel to it, although speeding it up a bit.

heh, now would you imagine that! John Legend's version is still my favorite.

don't even get me started on Janet Jackson's "Free Xone" and Archie Bell and the Drell's "Tighten Up"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i know where you live