Tuesday, October 14, 2008

New Eargasms: Ingrid Michaelson, Vampire Weekend & Nickel Creek (what?)

For the second week in a row, I am pleased to say that my ears are STILL PLEASED with what they're hearing lately! (Despite my heart being broken/crushed/destroyed with no word of explanation, ahem)

ANYWAY! Who would have ever thought that there could be something(s) so soon that would be able to rip me away from my beloved Foreign Exchange's recent album (see post below)? Not me! And there are! THREE!

Let us begin.

As it is already known, I am a huge Ingrid Michaelson fan. After finding her around 6 months ago, I still can't stop playing her songs on repeat. And to make my fandom of hers rise even higher on this make believe chart I just created, she has finally joined, follows AND replies to her fans on Twitter! So if you haven't already...

Today she released her third album entitled "Be OK"

be ok

...which some of the proceeds go to breast cancer "SO NO STEALING" -her website. (Oh that's why I can't find it on Limewire). I'm ultra excited that she has finally put up The Chain on this album because every time I hear it my legs give out and I want to lay down and cry. Perfect walking to work at 7 in the morning music if you ask me!


Next up, I introduce (or re-intro to others) to you, Vampire Weekend. I don't get to listen to the radio too much anymore, but when I do I flip around to whatever station comes through until something happens to catch my ear. And the other day, that station happened to be XPN, and that song happened to be Ottoman, by Vampire Weekend.



This song is set to appear on Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist (which is already out....?) and I can't get enough. This group formed sometime in 2006 at Columbia U, have a couple albums, and describes themselves as rock alternative with afropop influences. Crazy mix eh, but they're a great listen. Do explore.


AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST! (But certainly least expected)

I just want to put out there how after putting my entire playlist of 4k + songs on random this past weekend, up comes Nickel Creek's "Green and Grey"



I've known them as always killing my soul with songs like The Lighthouse's Tale and When You Come Back Down but, I never really paid too much attention to their others. However when you get a song whose very first line is: "I'm in a room full of people and hanging on one person's breath..." how could you not help but collapse to the ground and keep pressing pay over and over again? Well that's exactly what this song did to me, almost 3 years after it was initially released, ha!

Old music is new music sometimes and that's alright with me!

I hope you take these delicious mix of songs and add them on your "I really need to stop playing these" playlist because eventually, you really will need to...you know, to give others a chance.

No comments: