Saturday, July 5, 2008

I'm A Big Fan Of Lists

And I came across this one in a stumbling adventure.

"Gone But Not Forgotten - the music lives on"

This site is a list of musicians who died from 1969 and on, listing the causes of their death either from natural causes, accidents and drug/alcohol abuse.

This site also led me to another fun list brought to you by the ever marvelous Wikipedia:
The "27 Club"

Scrolling through it's interesting to me to see how many musicians died in the earlier years at young ages from drug/alcohol abuse compared to these days. No one is badass anymore! That is, if you consider living fast and dying young "badass" which, I do. Nothing exciting happens anymore! Childhood stars aren't killing themselves! They're smart and articulate! Singers and songwriters aren't killing themselves anymore either! They just...sing and write songs!

All the more reason to teleport myself back to the 60s and 70s.

No comments: